Friday, October 24, 2008

To my dearest friend,


Yesterday was a hard day...

My good friend Laurie lost her battle with cancer. She left everyone in shock with how fast things progressed.

I will remember our laughs, her loud voice making smart remarks, talking sports, having drinks, Gus Macker every year, doing christmas cards with her at the bar, winning with her at the YMCA, Vegas trips....I could go on and on.

She was the sweetest girl who would bend over backwards for anyone. Her energy and generousity was contagious. She had such a big heart and a passion to make a difference in the lives of others. I love her and she will be greatly missed.

4 comments:

chris said...

I'm sorry to hear about your friend Laurie. My condolences go out to you and all her friends and family.

Anatomy of a Girl said...

Thanks Chris. I am just glad I have people like you in my life...I have great friends!

Unknown said...

Laurie (and the rest of us) are very lucky to have a friend like you. I know her last days were happiest b/c you were there.

Mom said...

What a special lady she was. I enjoyed her humor when coming to the Y to play basketball or just coming to be a fan. She was like a sister to LeighAnn, as well as a good friend. I will miss her too. She is in a good place now and we will meet up with her some day.